Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MEV Runaways Preview! Molly Hayes!

My Marvel Evolution preview is.. Molly Hayes, of the Runaways!

First off, I am honored to do a preview and this is my first one. Thanks TBS, for letting some of the lesser known bloggers to do an MEV preview. I am excited about this set, and Runaways just sold the set for me. I really liked the idea of a deck out team, and I'm sure once I build the deck, it will make me reminisce about the days of the Dragon Ball Z CCG back in the day.

Molly Hayes. For those of you who do not know about the Runaways, they are a band of kids who discover their parents are actually villains and they have inherited their powers. They use these powers to steal from their parents and fight against them. I was recently introduced to the series (so I don't have extensive knowledge of it... yet), and I am hooked! Molly's powers are super-strength and invulnerability. In the series, she is the youngest of the Runaways (until Klara Plast of course), and is one of the more intelligent Runaways (even though she does not show it at times). She can use her powers only by conciously activating them, and they do not last very long, as she gets tired quickly and passes out. (Caffeine has helped her with this problem :) ).

On to the card itself...

I'm glad there is a common for the team at least, haha. I know some people have made comments on Realms about this being an all-rare team due to its power. I actually like this card though. It may not be of extreme value on the turn it is brought out. Which is most likely turn six, unless we get some cards for Runaways to jump that curve (I hope not). Your opponent might not be decked by turn six, but you can bet they will be soon if you hit them with this big slugger while her team-mate Victor Mancha is on the field. For a six drop, she has pretty solid stats with no drawback whatsoever (minus the no flight/range thing). Once you deck your opponent, this character will be VERY difficult to get rid of. We don't get many characters in this game that plain out cannot be stunned. Usually we get "can't be stunned while attacking..etc".

So, there is my preview, and I hope you enjoyed! Hope to see you on the Realms soon!

(Not being able to check VSrealms at least once today is making me all obsessive-compulsive, rrraaawrrr!)

Brandon (HeraldofDoom)

3 comments:

Steve Garrett said...

Great job! While Realms is down I've put a thread up on the forum of my site highlighting this preview (http://forum.the-kamiza.com)

HeraldofDoom said...

Thanks Steve!

gdaybloke said...

You have a blog??? Why does no-one tell me these things??